Finding balance and wellness in your life can feel daunting, but it doesn't have to be that way. The Ohio State University is here to support you in addressing mental health concerns and proactively building behaviors that support your overall wellness.
The Ohio State: Wellness app is designed to make it easy to choose the right resources and take action. Use this tool to set goals, develop healthy habits and help someone you care about access the support they need.
- Explore all nine dimensions of wellness through blog-style articles and scholarship written with the college experience in mind.
- Support your recovery and proactive wellness by connecting with the support resources available to you as an Ohio State student.
- Track habits that support your wellness goals.
- The Crisis tab provides clear directions for accessing support. This feature is also currently available as I'm Experiencing an Emergency or Crisis in the Ohio State app About You tab.
Headspace is a mindfulness and meditation app. It provides unique tools and resources to mindfulness rooted in authentic expertise dating back 2,000 years and backed by proven scientific research. It offers inspiration, guidance, and support to living a mindful life in the pursuit of improving the health and happiness of the world.
Headspace for healthcare providers
Headspace premium is now free for healthcare providers throughout the end of the year. If you are a healthcare provider, in order to obtain the free content, you must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number. Some of you may already have an NPI number. If not, registered nurses can sign up for free at https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/#/. Follow the links for creating a new account. You should receive an NPI within 10 days. Upon receiving your NPI, visit Headspace for healthcare providers to redeem your subscription.
The Ohio State University community has access to Whil through the Virgin Pulse portal. Whil’s mission is to help people live healthier, happier and more engaged lives. It was founded in 2014 to fight the global stress epidemic. Whil develops digital training programs to help people improve mental well-being, performance, relationships and sleep. As the pace of modern living becomes more intense, Whil is helping members develop repeatable skills to calm and focus the mind, relax the central nervous system, develop emotional intelligence and get the most out of life. And no matter what’s happening in your life, Whil is committed to helping you thrive with the knowledge that everything’s gonna be alright.
Did you know that up to 90% of all doctors’ office visits are stress-related?
Now you can do something to alleviate the stress in your life. With Cleveland Clinic Stress Meditations, offered by Wellness & Preventive Medicine department at Cleveland Clinic, you can practice clinically proven relaxation techniques that will help you reduce and control your feelings of stress.
Featuring seven different relaxation techniques, Cleveland Clinic Stress Meditations is easy to use and highly effective. By practicing these techniques, you will impact your health destiny and change your life for the better.
What else Cleveland Clinic Stress Meditations can do for you:
- Help you to feel more in control of your stressful emotions
- Allow you to enjoy the present — and worry less about the future
- Enable you to feel better about yourself and your life
- Reduce your risk of developing stress-related diseases
Start with any one of the seven relaxation techniques:
Mindful Breath - Day
Mindful Breath - Night
Mindfulness of Being
Loving Kindness Meditation
Sanvello is an evidence-based mobile care solution created by clinical experts that allows you to access on-demand help for stress, anxiety, and depression. Sanvello uses clinically validated techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) that are designed to work together to help you learn how to feel happier. A free version is available.
It's difficult to keep yourself and your family busy during these difficult times. Check out some of the activities below to help pass the time for your family and for those with children, it's very important to maintain a schedule.
- Play cards or board games
- Do a puzzle
- Cooking together or build your own pizza party
- Have your children read a book to the family
- Listen to music or an audiobook together
- Learn to knit or develop a skill from YouTube
- Start a family journal
- Do a scavenger hunt in and around the outside of your home
- Start a family friendly TV show or watch a movie
- Visit the local park
- Do chores around the house or DIY home projects
- As the weather warms up, start a garden or do yard work
- Look at old family pictures
- Conduct school time and allow your children to complete work assignments
There are a number of free resources for those who are having trouble maintaining a regular workout routine. Below are some free resources.
- Jog or take a walk outside, please be sure to maintain physical distancing
- Go for a bike ride
YouTube or Facebook Live
- STRONG by Zumba
- Cosmic Kids
- Learn to dance (ballroom, waltz, etc.)
Free Fitness Classes
- Beachbody OnDemand
- Planet Fitness Live Stream
- LES MILLS
- YMCA 360
- Barre Fitness